When a pen breaks and bleeds an ugly spot into the middle of your beautiful carpet consider this tip from a professional cleaning and restoration company.
When dealing with this type of carpet spot or stain, consider the following information and directions. Note: some carpet spots and stains require professional care, equipment and processes to clean.
STAIN: Can be any color, usually blue or black, absorbed
CONTAINS: Basic or soluble aniline dyes, insoluble organic solvents, oils, resins, gums, binding agents such as shellac, varnish or petroleum
1. Apply rubbing alcohol and blot, or use wet/dry vacuum.
2. Repeat as needed.
3. Apply dry-cleaning solvent, blot.
4. Apply amyl acetate, if available, or acetone (except on acetate fibers).
5. If stain remains, apply rust remover or oxalic acid solution.
6. Bleaching (or professional stripping) may be necessary.
Our website is a wondeful hub for other tips from industry professionals. Let us know what kind of household tips you need to see, we love feedback!