By Kayla Farr
This spring, lots of yummy fruits and vegetables are finally in season again, which makes adding these healthy foods into your diet much easier again! Now, you have lots more options in terms of food and snacks, especially when the kiddos are home on break. Smoothies are a great way to incorporate these healthy foods into your diet, while still enjoying a delicious meal or treat! Here is one of our favorite smoothie recipes:
Here is what you will need:
- 10-15 strawberries
- ½ cup of raspberries
- 1 banana
- 1 tablespoon of honey
- 1 teaspoon of cinnamon
- ¼ cup of almond milk or yogurt
- ½ cup of ice
- Optional: a small handful of spinach leaves or butternut squash
Here is what you will do:
- First, add the strawberries, raspberries and banana.
- Pour the honey, cinnamon and milk or yogurt into the blender. Add spinach if you would like.
- Finally, add the ice on top.
- Blend until smooth. Make sure to keep an eye on your blender so it does not overheat or break.
- Enjoy your delicious healthy smoothie!
There are many variations to smoothies, the above is just one recipe. What do you like to put in your smoothie? Let us know in the comments below!